Maddin Hauser’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Debtor-Creditor Rights Practice Group handles matters in both Michigan, where the firm is located, as well as across the country. We represent lenders and other creditors in bankruptcy and non-judicial work-out proceedings. Our group has vast experience in the following areas: preference litigation, cash collateral, 503(b)(9) proceedings, relief from the automatic stay, non-dischargeability claims, proofs of claim, fraudulent conveyance and asset purchases.
Maddin Hauser has an extensive history of helping clients navigate the murky waters of bankruptcy with great success. Just a few recent examples include:
- Reducing a local manufacturer's preference liability by more than 50%.
- Representation of two commercial landlords in a large Chapter 11 case, including successfully negotiating special protection in a reorganization plan and maximizing value of claims.
- Representing clients in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 proceedings to accomplish internal goals with a cost effective strategy.
- Successfully litigating non-dischargeability claims on behalf of creditors and debtors.
- Obtaining relief from the automatic stay to allow creditors to foreclose on real property, evict tenants, collect against guarantors and invoke other remedies.
Our ability to effectively leverage our firm's strengths in the banking, tax, corporate, real estate, benefits and employment law areas greatly enhances our ability to assist our clients and deliver bottom line impact on their behalf.
We believe that our firm's comprehensive and practical approach is the most effective way in which to assist our clients.