Maddin Hauser’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Debtor-Creditor Rights Practice Group handles matters in both Michigan, where the firm is located, and across the country.
Our practice group is well rounded in insolvency matters. We have vast experience representing a variety of clients including lenders, creditors, and debtors in bankruptcy and non-judicial work-out proceedings. This work includes the following areas: bankruptcy proceedings in chapters 11, 13, 7 and 9, including pursuit of various claims, protection of creditors’ interests, cash collateral matters, relief from stay, preference litigation, non-dischargeability claims, fraudulent conveyance litigation, asset purchases; loan workouts; accommodation agreements; equipment leasing issues; out of court liquidations; receiverships; work in the agricultural sector, healthcare industry, real estate sector, construction industry, automotive industry and general manufacturing sector.Maddin Hauser has an extensive history of helping clients navigate the murky waters of bankruptcy with great success. Just a few examples include:
- Reducing a local manufacturer’s preference liability by more than 50%.
- Representation of two commercial landlords in a large Chapter 11 case, including successfully negotiating special protection in a reorganization plan and maximizing value of claims.
- Successful completion of chapter 11 plan of liquidation in order to provide a distribution to creditors.
- Representation of trade union fringe benefit funds in chapter 7, 11 and chapter 13 proceedings, insuring priority and payment of amounts due for fringe benefit contributions for the benefit of employees.
- Obtaining relief from the automatic stay to foreclose on real property and related actions of eviction and recovery of the real property and collection of deficiency claims against guarantors.
Our ability to coordinate and leverage our firm’s strengths in the banking, tax, corporate, real estate, benefits and employment law areas greatly enhances our ability to assist our clients and deliver effective and efficient impact on their behalf.
We believe that our firm’s comprehensive and practical approach is the most effective way to assist our clients.